Russian Recon and Para-units primarily used this knife that was introduced in 1940. The most interesting feature is the reverse "S" finger guard. Russian soldiers were taught to hold the knife blade side up when fighting. The factory sharpened blade is hand forged 6" carbon steel and properly tempered in a computer controlled kiln. The finger guard is blackened steel and the grip is 1-piece black painted wood with a blackened metal reinforcing ring next to the finger guard. The sheath is black leather with a metal reinforced tip; leather reinforced throat and fits belts up to 3 1/2" wide. 10 1/2" overall. Wt. 5 oz.